The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) regulates advertising in the UK and is responsible for applying Advertising Codes.
The ASA has developed guidance around advertising Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) that is available here.
This guidance states that BNPL advertising must:
- Be fair, clear and not misleading
- Be prepared with a sense of responsibility to consumers and to society
- Make it clear that BNPL is a form of credit
- Must be set out in a way that allows it to be understood easily by the audience being addressed
- Should not take advantage of consumers inexperience or credibility
- Must state the nature of the contract being offered, any limitations, expenses or charges and the terms of withdrawal.
To support you to promote Laybuy, all the templates in this library have been designed to comply with ASA rules.View templates